Tuesday, December 8, 2009

5 drifting rules in the snow...

After my last night accident with a curb, I realized my stupidity of drifting in the snow. I never really thought about the rules of drifting until now. so here are 5 simple rules that will help out.
the rules...
1. when drifting in parking lots, be alone
2. if you have a island and a curb and your going in between them. go slowly. there may be more ice then you expected. (that's what happened to me and I now have to pay for a new wheel barring)
3. when you crank your e-brake you don't have to keep it on. you crank it, and then you kick out your back end, and then you release your e-brake. you get more control of your slide if you let your e-brake off.
4. when drifting a corner or a line, take it slow at first and then slowly work yourself up until you feel you've found the perfect speed.
5. wear your seat belt! and don't text at in the middle of your drift.

If you follow all of these rules, you'll become a better drifter in the snow and also you'll be able to control a slid out if it ever happens. but you still may get in an accident...

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

I just love this 'drifting thang tips'. After visioning the whole thang as you were describing situations with your advice, I was sooo there with you! Then you ended it with... but you may still get into an accident!!! Then I seen myself crashing into the curb for a quick how to tip! AHAHA!!That is my Jakes! Gotta love You!

KristOlby Manscill :) said...

that was full of bongo goodness and joy!!