Monday, August 4, 2008

Due to popular demand

Due to popular demand I am going to post another updated story about my life! It all began in when Mike Gleave (named changed for privacy issues) decided to go to my house for a good time and watch a movie called Major Pain. (Movie named changed due to copy writing infringement issues) Since we were at Mike's house it was logical to go to my house to watch the movie. It also made sense because I was the one who bought the movie for my dad, and that also made it so we owned the movie. (side note, I bought the movie for him so I could watch it. In fact I opened up the movie and watched it before I gave it to my dad as a gift!) So a decision had to be made... walk to my house or come up with a faster way to get there. We chose the faster way to get to my house. We tossed around ideas and we came to the conclusion to Rollerblade over to my house.
There was only problem with this decision. There was only one set of blades for the two of us. But like most problems most of them can be resolved. The way we solved the problem was that Mike was going to wear the left blade and I was going to wear the right. We put on our blades and we were out the door going to my house. Along the way there was a hill. This hill has claimed many injuries. Such as bad road rash, broken bones, and worst of all the reputation of wrecking on the hill. Today was my day to go down that hill and conquer! I got in the middle of the hill and stood at the top and looked down. 500 feet of pavement was between me and the turn to get to my house. Without thinking I pushed off and started down the hill. 5mph escalated to 20. Half way down the hill a voice said slow down. I put my foot down to take action on slowing down and to my astonishment I almost fell on my face. It was then when I thought to find grass and wreck on it. I found my grassy yard to my left and I moved as quickly as possible in order not to miss my landing pad. My approach was perfect. The grass was coming closer and I was ready to dive and roll for a good nice landing.
As I approached the curb I underestimated my speed and I tripped on it. I flew 10 feet before crashing on to the beautiful rock hard drive way. It was then that I rolled on to the grass! I came to a stop finally and I noticed that my left hand didn't feel right. I knew at that moment I was going to look at a broken bone. Sure enough I lifted up my left hand and saw that it was surely broken. My middle finger was the worst looking. It curved to the right overlapping my pointer finger. It also was pushed backwards toward my wrist. As for my pointer finger and ring finger they both were also rolling back toward my wrist.
Mike came quickly to my aid and saw the whole thing. He was smart and stayed on the side walk and went down slow down the hill. As he came near me I said "Mike I think I busted my hand." He replied "Whatever man you probably just sprained it." I showed him my hand and he said, "Yep, that is broken." I got up and took off the blade and he and I started to walk to my house. Luckily my dad was there to take me to the hospital. I got my ex-rays and my Uncle Mike who is a doctor examined my ex-ray. He said, "Wow that is a pretty clean break!" He then looked at my hand and noticed something strange and looked at the ex-ray again and he then said, "Holly S___! That is a really bad break!" It was then that it was revealed to me that I broke 3 fingers, and in my middle finger I broke my growth plate that is contained in my knuckle. My uncle sent me to another doctor to reset my broken fingers.
I can't remember the doctors name so we will call him doctor. So I was sat down on a bed and I was given a numbing shot and waited a couple minutes before the doctor came in to reset my fingers. He said told me to look away. I did and that is when he went to town and I could feel him pulling on my fingers and I could hear my bones popping and grinding into place. The whole procedure took like 10 minutes. He slapped a soft cast on me for 6 weeks and I was back to my normal self.
The end result is that my middle finger was not set properly and now it bends awkwardly backwards.

The End

2 comments:

Stephen Christensen said...

Oh my gosh! Hilarious. I'm glad you didn't hit your head.

Bobbie said...

Lani read this to me and Tom as Tom was fixing his truck at night. For some reason, I thought this happened again! I was so cracking up with laughter and sniffling. Jakes you got a way of telling your stories on your blog. It makes me laugh but both of your entries were of trajedies?! Oh boy. I really do sympathize with you, really I do. Love m:o)m